Vanilla cake with blackberry syrup
I find a lot of fun in cooking, especially in making sweets. I love making (and eating!) cakes. I’ve always loved them and the reason for this is not just because they taste great (although they do). It’s because I love seeing that greedy look that comes into people’s eyes when they spy a luscious cake. They’re unique and made just for that one special day and sometimes, when I look back at old photos of cake, I recall what happened that day and get a sense of nostalgia. It’s like keeping a special memory in the form of dessert! I have to recognise that cakes will always have a special place in my heart (and in my stomach!).
Today I tested a new cake recipe with vanilla cream and blueberry syrup and it was great! You have to try this dessert! It’s really easy and quick to do, and very tasty too!
– 150 g soft butter (room temperature)
– 150 g sugar
– 1 sachet vanilla sugar (10 g)
– 1 pinch salt
– 3 eggs
– 150 g flour
– 3 tablespoons milk
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
–2 sachets crème ole
–800ml cold milk
– + blackberry syrup
– Beat the butter with the sugar, salt, vanilla sugar, until you obtain a creamy composition.
– Add the eggs one by one, stirring well after each.
– Flour and baking powder are sifted and add along with the milk (alternating) in the dough.
– Coat a form; pour the dough and smoothes.
– Bake at moderate heat for 15-20 minutes.
– Then remove from the oven and leave to cool.
– Slice it and garnish with syrup.