Today is rainy and windy and shivery and frigid, and to psychologically withstand such things, I made a delicious chicken stew with vegetables. A hearty stew is a good thing when the weather turns cold and this stew sure calms me today. It is a super easy and flavorful recipe for anytime you’re in a hurry for a quick stew, but when you have a little more time on your hands to stew down a chicken, the added flavor from that homemade stock is just amazing!
- chicken breast
- 500 g green peas
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 red peppers
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp flour
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and put it in a saucepan with a little oil and water muffled under the cover.
- Separately, in a pan, cook for 5-10 minutes chopped vegetables (onions, carrots, peppers). When they are almost done, add them over the chicken.
- Boil the peas few minutes and add it also with the others.
- While the stew simmer under the lid, stir occasionally.
- Squeeze juice from tomatoes and incorporate it.
- When it’s almost done, in a small bowl put a few tablespoons of sauce stew, sour cream and flour. This pasta will give a soft golden texture and a better taste.
- Season with fresh dill, salt and other spices.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed some likely sorely needed rest!