When I was a kid, cakes like this one were on our table very often.
My lovely mom or sister used to make them.
They were filled with any fruit that was in season. And during the months of winter, they would use just about any canned fruit they had on hand.
So, whether you use plums, cherries or any kind of berries to make this sponge cake with fruit, you’ll be amazed by a very nice flavor it has and how surprisingly easy it is to prepare it.
Here’s what we need:
- 5 eggs
- 5 tbsp sunflower oil
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- butter for greasing the pan
- fresh plums
- chocolate or other flavour pudding (optional)
1. First, preheat the oven to a medium temperature.
2. Separate the eggs placing the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another bigger.
3. Pour the oil into the egg yolks and beat until thick.
5. Next, in a bigger bowl,beat egg whitesuntil theyform afoam, then add the sugar. Mix, mix, mix, it will become stronger. Add here the egg-yolk mixture. Mix to combine.
6. Gradually, incorporate the flourand baking powder.
7.Now cut the plums in halves.
8. Put in the bottom of pan baking paper and grease with butter.
9. Arrange the plumsface down and over themaddthe filling.
10. The cake is keptin the ovenfor 15-20 minutes.
11. Meanwhile you can prepare some pudding. I love pudding! But it’s optional. It’s verry good and fluffy also without it.
12. When it’s done, add the pudding and let to cool.
13. When it is cold and it can be cut, do not forget to turn upside down.
This Open Face Plum Cake is so much simpler than it looks. The appearance of the cake looks as if you are such an amazing baker! The cake and YOU will definitely get the attention you deserve! Enjoy this cake as a dessert to any meal or you could even eat this cake for breakfast.
Here’s wishing everyone a happy and productive week, filled with enough relaxing moments to breathe here and there to keep us all sane. 🙂 And most importantly, enjoy, dear friends!